Benefits of the OTE
2. Implanted using standard oculoplastic surgical techniques.
3. Simple inflation and deflation eliminates the need for successive surgeries and the implantation of larger devices.
4. Easily inflated, deflated, removed, or replaced with no harm to the infant
5. Bone plate prevents extrusion and facilitates self-centering of the device in the ocular orbit.
7. Requires minimal follow-up.
2) Confirmation of self-centering.
*The infant is carefully followed by the surgeon who decides the adjustment intervals required to facilitate the desired result of facial symmetry. The recommended use for the OTE is one year, but optimal removal time is at the surgeon's discretion.